Re: [AMC-List] Shock opinions.

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007, Jim Blair wrote:

> A: If you offroad, Edelbrock IAS (They are what I want for my J10 when it's
> finished, but I get a discount on Monroe Regal Ride from work that equals the
> cost of one IAS to a set of 4 RRs)

Yeah, that would be a clincher for me :-)

Let's face it too, the older Ramblers without even anti-roll
bars, stiff shocks just sorta scare 'em. Long travel with
soft springs, as was the fashion of the time (to quote Grandpa
Simpson) like soft squishy shocks. I think stiff shocks on my
'63 Classic would be most unpleasant! 300+ lbs of unsprung
weigt in rear, well, tall high-profile tires, that's' a lot of
impulse integration right there!

Rambler gets Monroes and likes it :-)