[AMC-List] Re; Shock Opinions

Russ

Snip
I'm looking for opinions and experiences concerning shocks,
specifically:
KYB Gas-A-Just & GR-2,
Monroe Sensa-Trac,
Edelbrock Performer IAS & Classic IAS.

What shocks have you used and liked, and disliked?  When Spring arrives
(on the
calendar) I am going to finish sorting out the suspension on my Eagle.
Thanks.

Russ (from Pa.)
1988 Eagle Wagon

I have used the KYB on my Donohue and lets face it, they are a premium
type gas shock and they work well,
I have also used Gabriel, Monroe, and the local CarQuest generic shock.
All of them served well and I have no complaints with the shock or their
performance.
All of the could be referred to as better than OEM gas shock replacement
units. These were all used on my AMC stable which is a pair of Spirits
one an AMX and my Donohue. The others were routine replacement units on
my newer drivers.
For the most part I will see what I can get on sale. If nothing I will
generally revert back to the local CarQuest store where I do business a
lot. I do not think that you can go too far wrong with a good grade gas
shock. The premium shocks such as KYB sure do a nice job though.
This is in reference to 1970 and newer AMC cars. The 1969 and older
trunion front end shock are in general obsolete and have been for quite
a while.
They are available from a number of sources under some form of obsolete
part numbers and those shocks can be any quality and generally you have
no choice. Although some better grade shocks are available from premium
manufactures, or were anyway.
The two Hornets I have under construction will get Monroe gas shocks on
one of them 'cause I have a set of them sitting on the shelf. The second
Hornet will probably have CarQuest store brand. Once again a gas shock

If you were to go to the following web site;
http://www.amccf.com/
And follow the directions to enter and follow further directions to get
to "technical" information and then scroll down you will see a shock
absorber list in there that gives a variety of shocks and part numbers
and although it is fairly complete I am sure that individuals will find
others. I fact I have some on file that are not on that list.
Check it out.
It may answer a bunch of questions.
John