Re: [AMC-List] Need Gremlin/Hornet dash speaker bracket

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007, Keith wrote:

> Note that adding a resistor to a 4 ohm speaker will help to
> keep the radio's amplifier from being damaged, but you also
> reduce the audio signal strength. You can still get 8 ohm

Yeah, I didn't mention that. It's more than loud enough still
though. I figured it was better than a dead radio!

I bad-mouthed this radio (63 Classic, 3TMR). It's got only five
(5) transistors!

But once I aligned it accordin to the manual (I bought a vintage
Eico signal generator at a ham radio flea market a few years
back) it is actually a pretty good radio! The key seems to be
very high quality RF components.