Re: [AMC-List] plastics repair

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007, Mark Price wrote:

>  What I'm wondering is what is best to glue or weld the piece in with and if needed what filler to use to smooth things over. It's a white plastic and is not chalking or brittle, still flexes well for it's age.

If color and fine-texture match doesn't matter, what's wrong
with JB Weld or PC7 epoxies? I've had really good luck with
adhesion and strength. I fixed 2 - 3 Hornet dash gauge buckets
where they commonly split at the mounting screws, for instance. I
back them with thin sheet brass, everything roughed up with a
small very coarse file.