Re: [AMC-List] Tust the Midas Touch - if you're a Masochist -

Re: [AMC-List] Tust the Midas Touch - if you're a Masochist -

I had a similar warranty experience at Midas in the early 90's. One pipe had a hole in it, but every joint was rusted, so they said they had to replace the entire system. The muffler was free because it was under warranty, but the total cost would be about $250 (the car was worth about $500 at the time). I convinced them to give me the muffler but had to sign over the warranty. I went down the street to the auto parts store and bought the two pipes and clamps I needed and intalled the whole system myself for about $100.

Muffler shops in this area will tell you 2 years is about the life expectancy for an exhaust system due to the salt (and the cheap steel they use).

Ross Blair
69 BBO Javelin 390
Ottawa, Ont.