[AMC-List] AMX wheel wells

The AMX is in a resto shop getting some much needed attention.  When we took
off the small strip in the wheel well, by the torque link mounting, we found
the wheel well and the floor sheet metal weren't even touching.  I thought
that was just reinforcement material not a "patch" put in because they
rolled that area over.  Anyone know why they didn't make the wheel well full
length?  My only guess was because this was rolled over the sheet metal tore
when formed.  Otherwise the passenger side rockers almost done, the driver
side next then on to the outside sheetmetal.

Dan Whitehead
'70 BBO Donohue
'69 AMX
'82 Spirit GT (currently dead)