Re: [AMC-List] AMC-List Digest, Vol 11, Issue 30

Re: [AMC-List] AMC-List Digest, Vol 11, Issue 30

>Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 08:25:24 -0600
>From: "Swygert, Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM"
><Francis.Swygert3@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Francis.Swygert3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>
>Subject: Re: [AMC-List] Thinking about Cruise Control
>To: <PIPER_PA20@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:PIPER_PA20@xxxxxxxxxxx>>, <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>

>I've run similar units way back when! The magnets are usually stick on,
>but should also have some light wire to go around them. Clean the
>driveshaft real good, and mount the pickup as close to the trans as
>possible so the magnets don't move much. The Audiovox units are pretty
>easy to install. There may be a tach signal you can connect instead of
>the magnets. The aftermarket box I run on my car now uses a tach signal.

The aftermarket unit on my truck has the magnets wired to the drive shaft. Also, last year I went to Goodwill and found a  complete after market kit still in the package for $15. (I bought it and plan on installing it on the American). It uses wire to hold the magnets.

Jamie Smith
Spokane, WA.