Re: [AMC-List] Thinking about Cruise Control

Re: [AMC-List] Thinking about Cruise Control

The Heathkit/Dana system that I had used a brake switch, but had a
bead chain attached to the clutch pedal through a firewall mounted
guide, so that application of either pedal would release the speed
control.  The brake switch had both an electrical contact and a
vacuum dump valve.

The switch was spring loaded and held engaged by the bead chain.  For
automatic cars, the bead chain was fixed to the guide on the
firewall.  For manuals, it passed through and was attached to the
clutch pedal.

--Glen

--
Glen Hoag                               '75 Pacer 258 (x3)
hoag@xxxxxx                             '76 Pacer 258 (for parts)