Re: [AMC-List] Thinking about Cruise Control

Re: [AMC-List] Thinking about Cruise Control

>------------------------------
>
>Message: 11
>Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:54:50 -0800 (PST)
>From: JOE FULTON <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [AMC-List] Thinking about Cruise Control
>To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>I'm considering adding cruise control to my 77
>Gremlin.  The cheapest aftermarket kit I have found is
>from Audiovox.  It uses magnets (on the driveshaft
>presumably) to detect the speed.
>
>Does anyone have any experience with this unit or
>should I try to pull a cruise from a later model AMC
>Eagle or Concord?
>
>Regards,
>Joe Fulton
>Salinas, CA

I remember buying an SX/4 with aftermaket cruise (magnets on the
driveshaft, knob on the turn signal stalk to select speed) and being
disapointed untill I used it; I actually liked dailing up my speed
better.  Having said that I also added late 70's AMC cruise to my 1969
AMX , it was very simple.

Peter Marano
Kenosha WI