Re: [AMC-List] Blasphemy (AMO Conours Judging)

Date: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 01:44 PM
<mailto:Francis.Swygert3@xxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Re:%20%5BAMC-List%5D%20Blasphemy%20%28AMO%20Conours%20Judging%29>Swygert
Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM <Francis.Swygert3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm not so sure the judges didn't look under the hood of the Chevy
powered Hornet so many years ago. I think the incident did bring the
question of what to do with non-AMC powered cars to the fore-front, and
it caused a stir within AMO, but I don't think it did any more than
bring up more questions. I would never have asked for the award back,
even if I thought an award was made by mistake. I'd have to hear quite a
tale to return an award, that's for sure!

Yada Yada Yada yada

Frank, etal . My point is 1) some one should  have noticed the car had a
Chevy engine in the Hornet while it was being judged. That the engine was
the wrong color and had the distributor on the wrong end. That's just poor
judgment and no training for some thing that obvious. 2) Wanting the trophy
back  after the fact was tacky and again , poor judgement on some ones
part. 3) Unfortunately many people take car shows way too seriously
especially when trying to promote them as "prestigious national marque car
shows" or "Concourse" either live up to the standard you trying to promote
or just call it a judged car show and have fun with it. No one or the
other, but DO NOT call the show a "concourse" when you only doing a
haphazardly judged car show. My my father use to so crudely put it "shit or
get off the pot" Not the first time some has bungled a car show judging and
not the last.All the clubs have done once in while. This now water under
the bridge , but was to me funny and very glaring.

thanks LRDaum