Re: [AMC-List] Trans for 72 232 six (AW4 w/o EFI)

One of the Jeep guys is stuffing an AW4 behind his 360 in a '90 Grand Wagoneer (that's why we have been test fitting everything under the sun)-

----Original Message-----
From: Mark Price [mailto:markprice242@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 7:53 PM
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Swygert, Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM
Subject: Re: [AMC-List] Trans for 72 232 six

For some reason the AW4 always slips my mind!
If I was doing an automatic swap I would indeed use it.
They are, as far as I'm concerend, One of the most reliable
automatic
trans out there. It's not at all unusual to see one pass 200K
without a
whimper. They have a nice gear spread and work well too.
  Anyone put one behind a non EFI six yet? Just curious of what
it
would take to get the trans controller up and working. I know
The manual
controllers like Franks can be built or bought, but an true
automatic
function would be more fitting.
 I neverless still have the free 73 904 should anyone want it
:]
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net