Re: [AMC-List] Trans for 72 232 six (AW4 w/o EFI)

Re: [AMC-List] Trans for 72 232 six (AW4 w/o EFI)

In light of the discussion, I thought you guys might find this site interesting:

http://awshifting.com/

I would look towards MJ's for 2wd AW4's.  I also have a source here in MI for the A340 that is rated
higher than the Jeep AW4 for $400 NEW (maybe less).  XJ wheelers here use them behind strokers.  I
bought one with the intention of installing into my XJ, but figured out that the trans wasn't my
problem.  I sold it to another XJ wheeler with a 99 (I think) and we determined that this trans
would be for the non-OBDII, as we found differences in the housings on 97-up XJ's.  We still used it
in his XJ, but it required mixing and matching parts from each trans.  The isn't a new one available
from this source for the later XJ's.  Sounds like the A340 that is available is the one you would
want, anyway.

-Spro