Re: [AMC-List] Weird non-running issue with '82 Jeep CJ

Re: [AMC-List] Weird non-running issue with '82 Jeep CJ

Just out of curiosity, did you say you had a semi-radical cam in there? If
so, you want a power valve that opens at lower vacuum or it will be open at
idle and flood you out. I see quite a few Motorcrafts have trouble with the
float absorbing gas and sinking or the needle and seat getting "kinked"
during install.
   I set the float by putting the carb upside down and seeing if it's level.