Re: [AMC-List] #1 amc dealer in america

RE: #1 amc dealer in america

  today, i dropped into the local dodge dealer just to look around at the new
jeep unlimited. as i turned around to leave, i saw this poster framed on the
wall, had a pic of a 4 door 62 classic, and a 63 classic wagon. i had to walk
over and take a look at it. the old gentleman that was talking to me said it
was the #1 selling amc dealership in the usa back in the day. Eddie Cordes
Dodge is the name of it now. has anyone ever heard anything about that
dealership being #1 in the country? they even still have an AMC logo sign
saying "Service Department---->"  i thought that was pretty cool to be standin
there under all that with my old rambler infront of that sign and all. anyway,
i just wanted to know if anyone had heard of that, or if he was just tryin to
feed me some crap. you know sales guys are REAL good about doin that. he saw i
was driving a rambler.   anyway, hope everyone is havin a great weekend.
frank,
having a good vacation?

   dave stohler

Dave, et al.,

Not unless that dealer ship is in Texas! AMC had one dealership in Texas
that tied
up the rail shipping yard for 2 or 3 days at a time. The dealership
literally got shipped a train load of cars at one time. This dealership
sold some where in the neighborhood of two to three thousand cars a year. I
believe it was in Dallas, Texas or maybe Houston. Eddie Stakes would
probably know which dealership this was. LRDaum