[AMC-List] AC Pumps

Well it's obvious that most of the people on the list would go with the Sanden pump.
Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your viewpoint, I have assembled virtually all the parts to put the factory system in the car.
Most parts are either new or rebuilt. Having made the decision to go original, its late in the game to change now.
If the system doesn't work well, I can change compressors later.
So, back to the original question. Can I put the pump on its side without any modifications?
I used to have a 1979 Maserati Merak that used the York compressor mounted on its side and it worked well.
I thought that mounting the compressor on its side would lessen the visual impact of the unit when the hoods open, but it would be no problem to leave it in the stock position.
Don

 The AC pump on an AMC V8 can obviously be mounted in a number of positions, ie. vertical, horizontal left and right.