[AMC-List] Re; Door Twisting

The advice given

is certainly pertinent such as removing the striker, insuring that the
hinges are in repaired and sound condition etc. however there is one
more method that I have used regularly when adjusting door fit and that
is to use a floor jack and a piece of wood under the door to support the
weight of the door while I balance it and tighten the mounting bolts.
This is a job that is easier done with two people but lacking the second
set of hands and a good back the floor jack does all of the lifting with
the only requirement on my part being to balance the door so that it
does not tip. I place the jack on the trailing edge of the door and it
is only partially open, usually just enough so that I can get what ever
wrench I am using on the hinge mounting bolts in question. If have ever
done a Pacer door, that can and will redefine the term "heavy".
If all else fails and it determined that you have to "reform" the door
by "racking" or "bending" it and I have seen the case where it was
required. This can be done by adjusting the bottom edge front and rear
correctly as possible and then opening the door and inserting a piece of
2 x 4 between the bottom edge and the door sill you can push in at the
top back edge and get some give in the door if required. This is not
something done with out some serious thought though as a little can go a
long ways toward screwing things up completely.
John.