[AMC-List] An interesting AMC encounter ( in a file ) while sorting Dad'

[AMC-List] An interesting AMC encounter ( in a file ) while sorting Dad's stuff...

  Since Mom and Dad have been moved to a church-run
care facility, I've been helping my sister sort thru
their life paperwork. This week, while sorting thru
dusty old files of my Dads, mostly from his workplace
this time, I ran across a file that stopped me short.
He'd copied an old newspaper photo of two
scantily-clad ladies in shorts and halter tops,
working for the VA State Highway counting project
alongside a main thoroughfare. The picture was bad,
grainy from copying, and lacking detail....but the car
parked in the grass BEHIND the two ladies grabbed my
attention...sure looked like the rear end ( ok, on the
car ) of a 1970 Javelin to me! I read thru the file
folder, turns out my Dad was a supervisor for this
project, and someone had complained about the ladies
attire, after seeing their picture in the (Richmond?)
Newspaper that got published, and apparently my Dad
caught some flack about it. I'm sure HE wouldn't
complain about their attire! Dirty old man...heh heh!
Anyway, apparently they worked for another division,
on loan, and he wasn't held responsible, and that
after he requested to see any guidelines the snoots
were hooting about...well, apparently there WAS no
dress code for outdoor work on projects of this nature
on record. Oops...so, someone thought that maybe
someone should write some,as they didn't think
shortie-shorts and halter tops reflected well on State
Highway employees, or contract employee temps, as
these turned out to be. Har-ummp!  I stared at that
photo a while ( for the car , of course ), it sure
looks like a Javelin. I wonder if I can find the back
issue to get a copy of the orginal photo? Sometime in
'76, I think.
  Oh well, another future project. Still got lots of
boxes in the attic to go thru. Will get in a few hours
maybe on Saturday, after visiting Ashland , VA for
Train Day, 10 am to 4 pm. That's all I have, catch
ya'll later,

Jerry Casper
Gremlin GT