Re: [AMC-List] "Can anyone help this Person"

Re: [AMC-List] "Can anyone help this Person"

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" > recently I read about engine weights and found a 302 is half the
" > weight of a 304.
"
"
"
" > From: "Richard Estermyer" <javelinman74@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" > What is the reality of this "truth" anyway.
"
" There's no way in bloody fubar that a Furd v8 is half the weight
" of any other v8 motor, ay em cee or otherwise. It's a baseless
" argument-starting falsehood.

i agreee, mostly.  the amc and small ford v8s aren't that far apart in
weight, maybe 50 lbs.

" I would be surprised if any contemporary cast iron american V8
" engine from that era was more than 10 - 15% different than any
" of the others.

brace yourself.  from the late '60s, the buick 350 is down below 500
lbs dressed, whereas the iron-head 426 hemi is nearly 850.  afaik
these are the extremes.  [btw buick also had the lightest big block]

there is ~100 lbs difference between sbc and bbc, ~550 and ~650 lbs.
likewise between the small ford v8 and 429/460.  the fe weighs ~750,
the chevy stovebolt 6 does too, and so does the gm 6.2/6.5 diesel.