Re: [AMC-List] rubber, urethane, noise -- was Prothane = Strut bushings

On November 3, 2006 Tom Jennings wrote:

> Don't you, Frank, have rack steering? Could be impulse energy
> transmission that way, to the chassis.

No, I didn't have the R&P at the time. It was only the biggest bumps
that caused a jar that I felt in the floor, but there were lots of them
in Biloxi! Worst roads I'd ever had to drive on continuously. We got
rid of our 93 Cherokee because of those roads -- ride was just to rough
for the wife, and I preffered the Rambler over the Chero! I think she
did too, another reason she wanted a better riding car -- mine was the
best!

> Now my 70 Hornet, that's a rough cheap ride.
> I think it's lighter than the 63 Classic by 200 - 300 lbs. (I
> weighed the 63 Classic wagon on an actual scale: 3150 lbs. TSMs
> etc talk about ICC-agreed-upon ship weight). Don't know what
> the Hornet weighs, but I guess about 3000.

70 Hornet shipping weight (2 door sedan, six) is 2677, 63 Classic 550
wagon is 2893. Assuming the shipping weights are somewhat similar
there's a tad over 200 # difference, so you should be about right.