Re: [AMC-List] Re : Possible carb for a six?

Re: [AMC-List] Re : Possible carb for a six?

re: feedback carter BBDs:

An acquaintence of mine, Frank Raso, a fellow propane nut,
is gonna work on something I've been thinking of, adapting
megasquirt technology to feedback propane carbs. There's a
simple solenoid valve that attaches to the vent port on the LP
converter, and by modulatin very weak vacuum on it, you can lean
out the mixture.  LP feedback controlled cars are setup to run
rich via jetting (diaphragm) and the "computer" leans it out,
using an O2 sensor for feedback.

Autotronics makes one, but it's about $400 and I've had both
of mine fail after a few years, and they are dumb as a bag
of hammers.

Most people think "sluggish smog crap" when they hear feedback
carb, but it doesn't have to be that way at all, it's simply
in the feedback algorithms. Megasquirt is a big win here.

The method of controlling feedback carb (stepper motor) vs.
FI (pulse-width-mod) is different, but I that code is a day's
work. The idea of a dashboard-tunable carb, with feedback
for stability and mileage (or performance, your choice)
is really attractive.

And no one likes those carbs, so I bet they're cheap if you
can find them. Would work with any stepper-style feedback carb.

If Frank R. gets it to go, I may make this change.