[AMC-List] Pot mettle

1963 Classics ... were the first of the new "3 box" body design that used strut rod suspension (the 62 Classic/Ambo used strut rods, but still had bumper to bumper continuous rails along the body sides). Could be that the body was modified in the strut rod mount area or even the bracket after 63.
<<

(...when the '64 hardtops debuted; surely after the '65 convertibles did...)

I occasionally throw this out in hopes that some one
has knowledge of an old Rambler Dealership from the
early 1960's called "MARK W. RAMBLER"

I am trying to locate the state that this deakerdhip
was in as I still have the dealershhip sticker on the
trunk of my 1964 Classic 660.  I am assuming that this
dealership was located in the southeast, as my
Classic 660 still has hardened clay throughout the
undercarriage.
<<

Hmmm: from '52-on, there was a McCarty Nash-Rambler in Jonesboro [AR] (also a McCarty in Kennett MO) and a Mac-Nash Motors (making play on owner's name of -McMillan-...) in Little Rock, a McClarty in Dallas, McClain in Memphis, McElroy in Birmingham (Biloxi and Baton Rouge, too), a McRae in Decatur, a Martin in Atlanta, and both a Mack Perry and a Marc-Mor in CA, but the Mark W. trail must have grown cold.

http://www.kfai.org/programs/mtrt/mtradioad.jpg

Maybe it leads back to Mark's Rambler in Willow Creek, WI or to Marti Rambler in the other Rochester (in MN, not in NY...).  Yes, documentation is AMC power.

The best-named AMC dealership was Cadillac Motor Sales Ltd. in Winnipeg:

"Hello, do you have Kenosha Cadillacs --- and Prince Albert in a can???"

http://pages.ripco.net/~economy/images/porter/princealbert.jpg

I didn't mind occasional squeaks, but that jar at my feet worried me!

  ===============================

makes you think............ right ?
<<

Brien's too funny: [un]fortunately, Frank wrote "squeaks" not -leaks-.

http://www.autoreview.ru/new_site/year2003/n03/museum/800/9C7B7865.jpg

http://www.prowleronline.com/ubb/image_uploads/P0002617.jpg

(OK, we promise: no more Plymouth jokes...)

But whether you read on or off your car-themed thrones, read!

9/25/06 AN (pp. 20-22): how Durant, Sloan, and Nash built GM.

9-10/06 AA: the new "Factory High Performance Vehicle" class.

Read what's in/not in AMC 36J.  You want it on a paper sheet?

Then get out of the "house" to dig up the "dirt" on your own.

Remember what AACA Executive Director Steve Moskowitz writes:

"Okay everyone, what is it going to take?  Do we need to come over and wash your car, vacuum the interior, polish brass or clean whitewalls?  Our club continues to struggle with low participation.  People, this is important."

applies equally to your AMC List/Club/Community/Future thing.

Remember when the last car of 36J was $2995. ($29,995 today?)

Remember "The Superacious Comin' or Goin' Super Car of '72"!!

If you own one, post something so others can learn and enjoy.

AMC's as alive and kickin' or as dead and dull as you make it.

And if you don't -really- read "for the articles" --- the AMC photos are informative, too.  '58 Rambler sw (Dallas), vinyl-topped Pacer (Ashville), all-original '59 Nash [the Nash that kept coming after the '57 model year was done?] Met with only 35k miles for only $6300.  When you're full of eye candy, return to reading.  The Lincoln that Dick would have remade as a Teague Packard (had Ernie let him into the Breech) and the importance of words on cars.

Shoot -break- (not "brake") into your arsenal of wagon (not waggin') knowledge, along with grill/grille and flare/flair: may work better than duck tape.

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/1578261090

Sorry, -duct- tape, eh?  I'm still looking for Cadillac AMC.

Oh Canada.

Britannia.

http://www.madle.org/amdb5break64a.jpg

And Japan.

http://hvtm.totalcar.hu/car/m/nissan/522268.jpg

'08 Rogue.

http://tinyurl.com/v698q

Is it a Gremlin GT, an Eagle Kammback, or a Murano Mini?

Yes, all three.  Keep looking.

Someone may remember your AMC.

On January 7, 2007.  ~9 weeks.