Re: [AMC-List] Re; AMC Spirit questions - TOM

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006, Jim Blair wrote:

> A: I have wanted to tap into an EFI Jeep intake and put a pair of side
> drafts on. Closest I came to it was when I had access to a pipe bender and
> started making a side draft intake for a throttlebody that would clear the
> stock brake booster in my J10 with 4.0l HO engine. (I have since dropped
> that in favor of a GM Hydroboost)

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the affliction of such things.

It has occurred to me (not that I'll do anything with this) that
there's no reason intake runners have to be cast metal. I keep
imagining a cast flange, semi-rigid plastic tubing of the right
diameter, up over the valve cover, to a plenum for the carb(s).
Nice long runners. Plenum could be a flat plate bolted anywhere.

I happen to have such a thing... though I did think of this
before I obtained this object:

http://wps.com/AMC/Navarro-turbo-motor/index.html#MANIFOLD