[AMC-List] Re; AMBASSADORS (now trucks)

I'm with Frank on this, he is just more eloquent than I am.
SNIP
A Dodge Caravan minivan, for example, gets significantly better gas
mileage than a 1978 VW Beetle. A 2WD Chevy Blazer SUV gets the same gas
mileage as a 1995 Chevy Caprice - one of the last large station wagons
(20 mpg
SNIP
My Chrysler Town and Country, with a 3.8 V6  (232 cu in) advertised and
sold as a mini-van (Yuh!) a replacement for a station wagon (Possibly a
440 cu in Chrysler T&C or a 225 slant 6 Valiant), smogged as a light
truck (is that a FordF-350 with a camper on it?) but referred to in this
article as an SUV (Sport Utility Vehicle and just what the heck is one
of these figments of advertising imagination, just what is it that is
Sporty about a Van and with it's leather interior and full rugs on the
floor where is the utility?  The same argument can be applied to a
Navigator) Is quite frankly also driven to the Junk Yards, carries
grungy auto parts (with a drop cloth over everything) and makes long
distant trips in the lap of Luxury (I side with Joe here) and is also
used to function as a delivery vehicle for S&S Express delivery  gets
13.2 mpg on a delivery route (with the A/C on), 15.6 mpg on per call
pick up's and 24mpg on the open road w/ cruise and A/C and the CD player
playing.  This is significantly better than my 1967 383 Chrysler that
averaged less than 12 mpg the whole time I owned it, but my 1991
Mitsubishi Expo LRV (a baby van that carried almost as much as my T&C
but pulling a trailer it would) averaged 29 mpg over 15 years and
270,000 miles and never went through a transmission or a clutch. The
reason for trading cars, I needed something that was bigger and the
miles were beginning to stress the Mitsu.
What have I learned since I traded off?
The jury is still out but-------it may take less miles to Stress a
Chrysler and my 390 5 speed Javelin can get better gas mileage but not
under all conditions.
John