Re: [AMC-List] boneyard knowledge

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006, Mark Price wrote:

> I've seen evidence of guys torching the tops out of sixties mustang spring towers to get the springs out! No stored energy there, it'll be fine! WOW, look at that fly! Cool!

When I was a kid, my friend Fosco and I were driving junk
Ramblers and Stude-ies, having a great time and learning the hard
(but mostly fun) way about how things worked, there was this
guy in town (Holliston Mass.), a real SOB, who's father had a
fully-outfit pro garage. The kid always drove expensive (to us)
fast cars. One day he relented and let us less-cool kids hang
out while he assembled some V8 motor at his dad's garage --
installing crankshaft bearing caps with an air impact wrench,
good and tight!

We didn't have much skill in those days ourselves, but it was
a nice reality check for us.

We didn't hang around to see how that motor worked out for him.