Re: [AMC-List] AMC 14" Wheels

" From: "Ross Guistino" <rossg@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Thanks for the info, Andrew.  I currently am running standard generic rims
" with full wheelcovers (I call them hubcabs).

i always use 'hubcap' to refer to the little ones that just cover the
hub and lugs.

" However, if I'm going thru the expense of changing the rims and
" tires, I would like to try and find some wheels, preferably AMC, but
" if not, then something that would go well with Vivo's bright orange
" body.
"
" Here's a link to what she looks like right now:
"
" http://www.sonic.net/WWW_pages/rossg/NorCal/VivoFianl2.JPG

looks like a brochure shot!

non amc, but i think the mopar rallies now being reproed would look
good, and i'd guess you could fit the 15x8s with something like
235/60s all around.  see http://www.stocktonwheel.com/mopar.htm
i originally had their type 41s in mind, but maybe body-colored 42s
would look distinctive too.

i don't think there are any 15" wheelcovers that'd look good on a grem
- they're made for ambo wagons mostly - and i don't think the little
no-name van/taxi mopar hubcaps would look so good either, so that lets
mopar steel wheels out.