[AMC-List] pulling an axle

   Ok, so far so good, I think.   Pulled hub by attaching old drum with
   bolts then pulling, was loose so didn't take much to come off.
   Pulled axle by putting nut back on and pulling on bad hub.   Came out
   easier than I thought it would.

   Putting it back in I'm not so sure about.   Was the differential
   bearing and cup supposed to come out with the axle?  If so I'm in
   trouble, mine stayed in.   The manual is a little vague on this, can I
   tap it the rest of the way in with a rubber mallet (axle is about an
   inch short of where it should be) or am I missing something?

   Thanks for all the help and for being so patient.

   -- Johnny
   PS. For the record, I was wrong about brake backing plate torque lbs
   not being in the manual, it is and it's 30-35.