Re: [AMC-List] Carter carb search

Sounds like the typical Carter YF carb. These were used on 195.6 L-head
(flat head) engines as well as Jeeps, and many other appications. Jets
and such will vary by application, of course. I pulled two from L-head
196 engines and both had different size main jets. There was only a year
or two between the cars they came from, but apparently one was set up
for high altitude operation (larger main jet). I didn't notice the jet
size difference at first and ended up with a hole burned in a piston --
I ran them on a fabricated twin carb intake on a 196 OHV.