[AMC-List] clutches heavy duty

I had a Hayes 3500 lb pressure plate in my old Camaro, (long gone kept the
javelin though) it was a bugger to push in. My left leg was bigger than my
right one. Har har. I had to reinforce the z bar to keep it from peeling the
lever arms off. The first time a lever arm peeled off I was in the MN Metro
area about 17 yrs old, and it was a stock Malibu, cheap GM junk. It sucked
couldn't figure out what was happening and in rush hour traffic. Luckily I
was going to my brothers place and he knew a mechanic that could fix it for
me, I had no tools along either. So anyway I knew enough to fix the Camaro's
z bar from that experience.

My Javelin just has a standard plate and disc in it now. This does really
suck as shifting into third gear the clutch seems to slip, that never
happened with the Hayes setup. However I certainly don"t want all the pedal
pressure either. There has to be a happy medium somewhere. Maybe that might
be to just slow down and smell the roses and enjoy cruising.

take care all,

Armand