Re: [AMC-List] 71 AMX 401, 4spd for sale

Re: [AMC-List] 71 AMX 401, 4spd for sale

Subject: Re: [AMC-List] 71 AMX 401, 4spd for sale

Folks,

Why does one consider this car rare?????

Peter

It's all relative! Us AMC guys see them "all the time" because we look
for them and know where all the local ones are. But there were much
fewer Javelins (period) made than the other pony cars, and the general
automotive public (even pony collectors) doesn't pay much attention to
anything that isn't popular. Even for Javelins a 401 4 speed combo isn't
common though. Fewer than 25% (I'm being conservative, probably 20% or
less) had four speeds. An auto was/is best for most drag racing.