Re: [AMC-List] Rambler Hot Rods - con't

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Brien Tourville wrote:

> two dents in the floor Tom - ~!

Yeah, I was teasin' you back, is all :-)

> some 'concepts' - cars & aircraft - seem good,
> in narrow applications they are - street apps.
> is a whole 'nuther world of bad road angles,
> oil sweat pavement and many, many, stupid
> drivers.........

> when you're at a traction limit -

Yeah, point(s) taken. I'll repeat this: I ain't racing.

But...

> I liked your original concept of an early Track Roadster with
> the Navarro 6 - I'm sure all that plumbing could be arranged
> for a high 'drool factor' eye candy without fogging up your
> goggles.

... back we go. Seriously, even a dead-boring model A rails/beam
axle/ T-bucket with AMC driveline would be interesting. With a
six, even old style, and light, cheap to build and fun to drive.
And I would love a narrow body w/track roadster and AMC six.

> A tandem seating cigar style Roadster with the short wind screens
> & pop up baby carriage style 'convertible' roofing for those
> sudden storm situations is taking up room on my sketch pad.

I hadn't seriously considered that, partly because it's really
unlikely I'm going to fabricate my own body (steel or glas).
I'm going to have to buy scrounge or find.