Re: [AMC-List] 6 Speed GM automatics etc.

Re: [AMC-List] 6 Speed GM automatics etc.

SNIP
Maybe it's the lockup converter he's thinking is 4th?
Ken
SNIP

Actually I know it is!
But it got your attention!
In general that is what many of the newer electronic
Automatics are doing, splitting gears by locking and
un-locking the torque converter. Thus a 6 speed torque
flite can be created. Call it what ever number you want
by electronic controls and solenoids. You control
the split by the looseness of the torque-converter.
Of course with electronics, you precise control as
to when.

SNIP