[AMC-List] rambler hot rod

Tom
SNIP
I really want a mid-engine car, but Hallibrand transaxles are
" " out of my range, but I think I've come up with a scheme for a
" " rear engine, front drive car, using a jeep or eagle front axle.
SNIP
This looks like a fun project, but if I were drawing it out
with chalk on the garage floor I think I would be trying to figure
out how to get an engine adapter to get my I-6 bolted up to an
early Olds Tornado or Cadillac Eldorado front drive transmission.
They were North South applications, if I remember correctly chain
drive from the engine to the transmission and many were used for
mid or rear engine applications.
The Olds 350 I think and a Cadillac engine were used I believe.
The Cadillac Seville might be a possibility too!
This used the Olds 350 and one of the V-6's also (3.8, 4.3?).
I don't know much about the mechanics of these things but does
that make it a BOP bell housing? If so would there be some AMC/GM
bell housing adapter that would allow a straight bolt up?
Of course this could get a bit weird if your I6 predates the 72
bell housing bolt pattern change?
Or if this is an early configuration what bolt pattern or bell
housing combination allowed AMC to bolt up their I6 to the GM
Hydramatic that was orginially used back in the 50's? And would
it work for this?
John.