Re: [AMC-List] Charity AMX

  I have absolutely no involvement whatsoever with the Charity AMX, except possibly as a sidelines-sitting silent cheeleader.

  Having said that, I am going to offer an unbiased, outsider's opinion of what I have read recently on this car.

  1) I think everyone, including Frank and Tom, should be congratulated on what HAS been accomplished so far.

  2)  What's done is done, too late to undo.  The car at this point is what it is.  Recriminations should be saved for the start of the "next project".  Sort of a resume.

 3)  This whole situation, especially a huge accusatory confrontation in public, carries with it the potential for ANOTHER huge black eye for AMC.

 4) Tom is right in that the project should be perceived as an AMC community decision.

 Given the above, I feel that if a group of people with the (AMX-specific) experience and qualificatons to finish it in one intense run is available, it must be sent to them.  As I said, I have no involvement. I am basing my opinion(and that's what it is, nothing more) on a desire to see it done, and receiving a maximum return.

  If these guys can have it ready for Scottsdale, it should be done.  The Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale in January opens the big season, receives by far the most exposure, and it's no secret that the Mecca of Muscle Car Values is Barret-Jackson in January.   The biggest return on all fronts will be realized there.

  It's nothing personal,  for or against any one person.  My judgement:
SHIP IT TO BOSTON!
m.

Send flaming, scathing, destructive hate mail to:
Michael Bailey
route66rambler@yahoo,com
(602) 380-6552
11435 West Buckey Road A104-132