[AMC-List] 1988 Eagle Premier

Hello all! I'm looking at getting an a-b type car for not much money, and I
found a 1988 Eagle Premier ES for sale.

The problems are a burnt-out "air compressor clutch" and a driver's seat
belt buckle that needs to be replaced. Is this "air compressor clutch" a
part to the air conditioning? Is the vehicle otherwise driveable with this
problem until I would get it fixed?

Apparently, the car has all service records since new and has 140k on the
clock. I've owned an AMC before and used to be a regular on this list about
5 years ago. If anyone can provide me some advice, that'd be great.

Thanks,

Rhett