[AMC-List] Toploader Swap into AMC?

 Hello All,

I am presently running a Borg Warner T5 in my '73 Javelin, but am now looking for a stronger transmission. Since I want to keep costs modest and have 3.15 rear gears, I am looking for a wide ratio four-speed to swap in.  Wide ratio toploaders with their 2.78 first gear seem like possible candiates.  Has anyone ever done this swap? and if so, what issues did you run into? It seems to the me the key issue would be stickout length of the toploader input shaft.  The short AMC bellhousings measure about 6 5/8". A Ford T5 input shaft has a stickout length of 7.18" which works fine with an AMC bell. Does anyone know what the stickout length on a toploader is?

Thanks,
Dave