Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:27:17 +0000
From: Ian Webb <ijwebb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Subject: AMC Forum

Good morning Tom,

I am not a member of the list, but I wanted to forward this
message to you regarding the AMC Forum. Please feel free to
forward to post to the list if could for me. I would post myself,
but I have never had much luck with subscribing to the list!

The forum is not dead, and no one has bailed on it. The forum
is switching servers and receiving some software upgrades. The
amount of files contained took several days alone on a high-speed
connection to transfer alone. There is a lot more work than
just dragging a few folders to a new server.

I am in contact with the Administrator and he tells me it should
be back up in a few days. He apologizes for the delay.

Many people seem to forget that the AMC Forum is run by an
individual who asks nothing in return. Every time there is
a technical problem or hiccup people start jumping all over
it, which I think is wrong. The outage has been longer than
anticipated, but we can't forget that the people who run these
sites have lives to live, bills to pay, jobs to go to and any
number of other obligations.

Thanks,
Kirkwood