[AMC-List] Drive line questions.

Hello,

I've a few questions concerning the running gear in my Eagle.  Has anyone done or heard of a 4.0 swap in an Eagle?  How similar, or dissimilar, is the NP119 transfer case from the NP129/NVG129?  Could the NP119 (or possibly the 129) and the front & rear differentials handle a more powerful 4.0?  Would a short header for a Cherokee/Wagoneer run into clearance problems?  From my limited (thus far) research, I have found that the NP119 and 129 share the viscous coupling design.

I'd like to build up a 4.0 liter for use in my Eagle, but still have the capability to switch between 2WD and 4WD, and not kill the rest of the running gear.  I want to hop-up my Eagle, but keep within the spirit (pun intended) of the car's design.

Regards,

Russell