[AMC-List] heating your early FSJ (pre '86?)

[AMC-List] heating your early FSJ (pre '86?)

A: I guess it's time for me to make my seasonal announcement: If you want
Defrost and Heat at the same time on the older pushbutton style controls,
take the 3 hoses off the back of the switch and join them together with a
vacuum tee. That will open both doors at the same time. Kept my windshield
defogged and toes warm, even on Canadian winter nights. (that is assuming
the vacuum ball is hooked to the intake and the hoses are in good shape.
Under dash don't seem to rot like under the hood, but rodents like to eat
them!)
  You could go 1 step further and find a vacuum switch and 2 tees, then join
both the lines through the extra switch (I have one from a QT setup) and you
can control when you have both, or cut it down to one or the other.