Re: [AMC-List] 200$ Bread Box

" From: "Jim Blair" <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" A: Not to mention in this day and age of cellphones, new area codes are
" popping up like crazy and that number you skip over MIGHT be nearby! I get
" calls all day long from obviously out of state numbers and yet they show up
" in a few minutes time for parts.

it impacts more than just mobiles.  this summer i got a deal from my
isp for dsl + voip [network] phone for $20/mo - and thanks to number
portability [which lets you keep your cell number when you switch
service] i still have my old verizon number, even though verizon is
now disconnected.  i'm also still listed in superpages, but that must
be a deal the isp worked.

they're offering it in several states up here, and i could've had a
number 'in' any of them.

i had been paying ~$30/mo to verizon for 'pots' [plain old tel svc] +
$15/mo for dialup internet, so i'm actually saving a bundle by going
to dsl.  otoh i had to wire my house...