[AMC-List] Number 409

  Posted by: "George Heppel" GJHeppel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx auksempai
    Date: Fri Sep 8, 2006 8:29 pm (PDT)

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/gossip/oh-noes-pontiac-fiero-coming-back-
1993
13 php I thought that this piece was interesting. Not exactly
positive,
but who here is really shocked about that.

Oh Noes: Pontiac Fiero Coming Back?
READ MORE: fiero, gm, gossip, patent, Pontiac

Arguably, GM killed the Pontiac Fiero just as it was getting all the
kinks
worked out -- the fires, the Chevette front suspension (and Chevy
Citation
rear), the Revellesque build quality. By the last year of production,
1988, the plastic wonder was actually a decent driver that barely
ever
burst into flames. But could it be coming back? The Left Laneers did
some
rooting around the US patent office yesterday and came up with this
bit.
It seems GM reregistered the Fiero name earlier this year. LLN
speculates
it could be used for the on-again-off-again Pontiac Solstice coupe,
though
we have out doubts. No matter. Something may or may not be in the
works,
and we'll be paying attention. Oh, and Pontiac's in the process of
re-upping "Firebird," just in case you thought that was the more
important
story. Trademarks: Pontiac Firebird, Fiero set to return? [Left Lane
News]
Related: The 1988 Pontiac Fiero; A Collectable? [internal]

DCX is bringing back the Pacer ?

"Bubble-Iiscious" .......... :

   Brien Tourville
      NEW YORK