(free download available!)

Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 22:02:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: JOE FULTON <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Are the FRONT shocks for the 63 American really rare?
There's a pair on Ebay I may bid on, but I haven't
seen a listing on Napa online for them and
rockauto.com doesn't list them.  I have not checked
the AMC vendors or Kanter.

Also, was there an exhaust manifold gasket on the OHV
196?  I have dismantled three of these engines in the
last year and I can't remember whether there was a
gasket or not.   My 63 American will need one freeze
plug replaced (along with that pipe running along the
engine to the heater core) and so the exhaust manifold
will probably need to come off soon.