[AMC-List] Javelin Trans Am Racing Record

[AMC-List] Javelin Trans Am Racing Record

I don't think this is a live link, but you can copy and paste it into your
browser.
I found it interesting reading.

 http://www.sandcastlevi.com/racing/jav-us.htm

I spent a bit of time reading about the AMC Trans Am efforts.  I'm, still
thouroughly convinced that the combination of AMC, Penske, and Donohue was a
success because of the quality of all three elements. There was no one item
that made any of the other two more special. They all contributed equally
and came out on top the fourth and fifth attempt after being right there
close almost every prior year, even without Penske and Donohue. People can
say what they want about the 1971 and 72 seasons being given to
Penske/Donohue/AMC because the other factories pulled out of TA racing, but
I think it was more that GM and Ford knew there was no way they could beat
the unfair advantage that Penske/donohue/AMC had put together and so
therefore chose to withdraw from what they knew they couldn't win and maybe
save a little bit of embarrassment.
What do you think?

Armand