Re: [AMC-List] Mustang II Suspension?

That's the reason I thru the logs on this particular fire.
Some of the similarities in the specs from the C4 Corvette to the 65 Ambassador is scary and has me dreaming bad thoughts!
  It's the right track width within and inch or so.
The C4 corvettes weight was in the 3800+lb range, Close enough to handle even the heft of the 65 Convertible. The subrame from the Corvette is in actuality a big u shaped piece that comes so complete that even the upper control arem mounts stay attached when it is removed from the car! This thing is as close to a "bolt in" unit as you will find.
  I will likely not go this rouote, but hsould I choose it the Convertible is a car that would be worthy of such a feat! It is rough enough most people would of junked it anyway. Yet sound enough to be worthy of this.
  Now I've even went as far as measuring the width of the inside of the Ambassadors front subframe it is 30 3/4" if'n anyone is keeping track of this stuff.
  Like I said I doubt I will actually do anything this insane, but who knows!
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net