[AMC-List] survivor vintage/ versus restored old girlfriend,

[AMC-List] survivor vintage/ versus restored old girlfriend,

I picked up my girlfriend on Friday night, it was summer the year of
our Lord 1973.  What to do, what to do?  Go cruising like most other
Friday nights and end up at our usual make out spot?  Hey, I have an idea,
lets take the Hornet down to the shop, pull the engine and clean the
engine compartment!  You ready to get dirty?  She agreed and sat
patiently on the parts counter while I pulled out the 304 w/Ford FMX attached.
I cleaned the engine/trans while she cleaned the compartment.  We took
a couple breaks, but I had her home by midnight and the Hornet had a
sparkling engine, fresh coat of satin black where I thought it looked
best and the engine compartment hadn't been that clean since I had
purchased the car.

I had a girlfriend like that. I was dating 4 girls and had decided to break it off with three and concentrate on one.. Roxanne was not the one, however before I could break it off with her, she took her savings ($2500.00.She made $6.00 an hour then and it took her all summer) and bought me a car that I casually mentioned that I would buy if I had the money.She spent the next 4 days detailing tht car and presented it to me. I was floored. I also realized that she would be a much better girlfriend. Well after 16 years of marriage and 5 kids, she still surprises me with her generosity (1977 Matador from Arizona that was delivered last week). She still goes junkyard walking with me and allows me my car crazy ways.She has been a perfect wife. I think that girlfriend was just such a catch...I hope she found a car nut.....eddie walker.