Re: [AMC-List] AMC Eagle Better Than a Corvette

Re: [AMC-List] AMC Eagle Better Than a Corvette

Jamie you are just experiencing what is happening to more and more AMC
owners in the last few years. Everyone is getting tired of all those ho
hum cookie cutter cars. Unique cars are in now. You see one Camero,
Chevelle or Mustang  and you have seen them all and that goes for the
ricers too. I had a similar situation when I first bought my orange
Hornet Hatchback a few years back. The car was un-washed as I had just
put it on the road 3 days before I attended my first cruise with it. The
Western turbine wheels were grungy, the tires bald and the paint was
dull and oxidized, the interior was torn and the plastic was warped,
pieces missing and in just horrible condition. It was  real survivor car
neglected by it's previous owner for the whole 4 years he had it. I was
parked between a mint 69 Chevelle SS 396 and a beautiful 6-71 blown BB
427 in a 39 Chevy coupe. The Hornet got more attention than either car
and the owner of the Chevelle was definitely not happy when people
walked passed his chevelle to look at the Hornet. Now after working on
the car for 3 years I can't go anywhere with out the car getting all
sorts of attention. The original paint is polished out, the tires are
BFG T/A radials and the wheels detailed and it has a completely new
interior. I haven't been to the cruise that the Chevelle owner attends
regularly yet but I plan to soon and park next to him. :-)