Re: [AMC-List] 65 Ambassador convertible prototypes?

Re: [AMC-List] 65 Ambassador convertible prototypes?

This is my point. I believe that the seller is confusing the Aug 1st, 1963
print date on the build sheet with the date the car was made, whihc is
incorrect. For what it is worth, AMC used the "old style"
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts/am_old_style_square.JPG
logo on stuff well into the late 1980s. So if your new 77 Gremlin had a
radiator hose on it with this it don't mean the Gremlin was made in 66. The
"new style" logo was found on cars even into late 1990s as parts bins were
emptied out:
 http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts/amc_retangular_sign.JPG
I still saw these logos stamped on belts, hoses, and other engine bay parts
on Jeeps here.

I still say burden of proof rests on the seller. A blog don't prove
anything. I can look at a blog and see Britney Spears got pregnant by Elvis.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx