[AMC-List] Sill stumped -and- missing

>>Where would the AMC historical database be?

Fact is that it's not here:

http://www.projekt-lichtblick.de/html/nacht_der_langen_museen_0.html

even if those blue men are

http://tinyurl.com/elnru

and Daimler-Benz books are

http://tinyurl.com/kcjyv

for, sadly, it's not here

http://tinyurl.com/mvjvc

a fact made crystal clear

http://home.earthlink.net/~richhutch/OurFifthAvenuefiles/pentastar.jpg

http://www.chryslerheritage.com/pg904.htm

because the AMC historical database is here.

YOU are!  It's now in the hands of AMC fans.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjustsaymofo

and

http://prototypeclassicconvertible.blogspot.com
<<

It's almost $15k.

Have you bid yet?

One in a million.

And jokes on AMC.

http://faculty.concord.edu/chrisz/hobby/67-Amb-items/65-990conv2pg.jpg

http://www.amcrc.com/junk/junk20.html

http://www.ioffer.com/img/1074499200/_i/2304069/1.jpg

The oddity here is the extended wheelbase. 63 and 64 Ambassadors shared the Classic wheelbase, they weren't longer until 65. It's quite possible that the car wasn't titled for a year after construction considering it's a prototype. I believe it to be authentic, unless someone changed the serial number plate.
<<

The oddity here is that AMC still suffers such stuff.  How strange, if not stupid, is it that any -serious- AMC seller would suggest only one bucket-seated 1965 990 convertible was produced?  How unlikely, if not improbable, is it that any -square- 1965 body would have been produced on a line that was assembling "round" 1964 cars on August 1, 1963; let alone with longer wheelbase?  If the jigs wouldn't fit, the jig is up.

If an August '63 "panel prototype", it would have been hand-built (and not on a production line); if an "interior mule" for a five-place car, it would have been hand-built more than a year before that; if it smells like fish and it's not a Tarpon or a Marlin, it could be a fish story.

Ain't nothing wrong with the cars.

If they's what you want, go ahead.

Just don't let AMC look like bait.

Today, -you- are the AMC database.