[AMC-List] 1967 232 six thermostat housing stud broken in head

[AMC-List] 1967 232 six thermostat housing stud broken in head

All,

I was removing the thermostat housing on my 1967 Rambler Rebel 232 six cyl
thermostat housing and the housing was seized to the long stud.  Not know that
the housing corroded to the stud I broke the stud.screwed/pressed into the
head.

Can anyone tell me if the stud has screws into the head or is the stud
pressed into the head?

I have purchased a left handed screw extractor from Sears and I am prepared
to try and remove the stud thinking it is a threaded stud.

Any help would be appreciated.

John
San Jose Ca