[AMC-List] AMCer's Opinions: Survivor/Vintage vs. Restored

[AMC-List] AMCer's Opinions: Survivor/Vintage vs. Restored

 Fellow AMCer's,
I have decision to make with my 74 AMX(32,000 original miles):
This car is an original, non-restored, survivor:  Original paint(great condition), glass, interior, chrome, stainless, exhaust system.  The motor and tranny have never been separated and removed.
My decision: should I remove the engine to detail and paint, or leave in the engine bay and clean and detail only(leaving the original "patina")?
I cannot compete with frame-off, rotissoire restored stock vehicles at car shows.
If they had a vintage/survivor class I would do well.

I welcome your feedback/opinions!

Thanks,
mark