[AMC-List] Air Cooled Transmissions

For what it's worth.
It seems to me this subject came up here locally a couple of years ago
and the general consensus was that air cooled transmissions actually had
pipe plug capped fittings that you could unscrew the pipe plugs from and
screw in lines that could be run to an external cooler if you wanted to
go through that work.
I have been wracking my brains trying to be more specific but senior
moments seem to clog up the thought process.
Is there any truth to this?
John.